Saturday, October 6, 2007

American Pie

Our hostel in Sevilla was filled with a bunch of American (mostly UC) study abroad students from Granada who were in Sevilla for the weekend. They were annoying. None of them spoke half-decent Spanish and I can tell that they had only been chilling with other Americans since arriving in Spain. Still we went out for beers and then to a sheesha bar and had a good time. Better than being kept up by rude Portuguese chicks.

Saturday night I felt like doing something touristy and we went out looking for a cheap tablao or flamenco show. Those windy streets got the better of us again and we got lost. Instead we went out to some bars and had some cheap beers, for 2 or 3€. It was great. In NYC they are going to make you pay at least $6 for a cup of beer at even the shittiest bar on a Friday night. Then we ran into a group of six really attractive high school exchange students from all over the world, who were all made up with no where to go sitting on a bench in a plaza. It was like something straight from a dumb teen movie. They were talking to some sketchy-looking older Spainish dudes and Tracey insisted that I rescue them. When I went up there though they seemed like they had to be more rescued from boredom than harassment.

No comments: